Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WWIIEC's Generic Holland/Europe  (Read 4798 times)

Jakerod

Re:WWIIEC's Generic Holland/Europe
« Reply #15 on: 08 Aug 2003, 05:49:32 »
Put the trees in random directions
Add more foliage cuz some of the pictures look a bit plain like screeny 17, 14 and 13. They dont look like there is enough foliage there.  Could add some more to it.

Cant tell from the pic but if they arent already in random directions make the cows in random directions

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #16 on: 08 Aug 2003, 05:56:16 »
Good eye, thanks man. I forgot all about changing directions. lol

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 08 Aug 2003, 09:27:32 »
Hmm you appear to be lacking a Dutch Barn like this

With the WW2EC site being down it went on a back burner but I recal promising someone there I would work on it.

If theres still time for its inclusion drop me a line. Its only a few hours from completion.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Lt HuNTeR

« Reply #18 on: 08 Aug 2003, 14:43:45 »
One question: is the island only going to comprise of the Arnhem area, or is it going to be a mix of various parts of Holland?

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #19 on: 08 Aug 2003, 18:27:30 »
It's a generic so it'll have representations of various parts. Scousejedi, that'd be great if you could finish that up.

GodHatesUsAll

« Reply #20 on: 09 Aug 2003, 04:29:33 »
Man, that looks fan-fuckin'-tastic!

Good work man, cant wait till it is released.  ;D

unkie

« Reply #21 on: 10 Aug 2003, 11:07:58 »
i have a request, could we have some decent walls? i just watched BoB again (havent seen it for a while) and was watching the one set in Nuenen (i think thats holland?). The battle there is what id like to get a feel of...skirmishing through a farm with plenty of low brick/stone walls/haycarts/haystacks and general cover to hide behind.

Magnus

Battle trough farms???
« Reply #22 on: 10 Aug 2003, 15:39:51 »
I am making a Dutch Map asswel. Because after that I will be making a British Campiagn on it. And the Battle for Oosterbeek will be the same as you see in BoB. So be aware... ;)

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 10 Aug 2003, 19:16:32 »
i have a request, could we have some decent walls? i just watched BoB again (havent seen it for a while) and was watching the one set in Nuenen (i think thats holland?). The battle there is what id like to get a feel of...skirmishing through a farm with plenty of low brick/stone walls/haycarts/haystacks and general cover to hide behind.

Like this?

'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

desert_storm_dude

« Reply #24 on: 10 Aug 2003, 21:14:20 »
looks nice when will wwIIec be back up and do you have a specific date to release this map

will this map also have Eindhoven, and nijmegen
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2003, 21:15:36 by desert_storm_dude »

Magnus

« Reply #25 on: 10 Aug 2003, 22:07:18 »
About that, Nijmegen and Eindhoven where captured by American soldiers, Arnhem by British(Wel not captured but attacked). So I think it would be better if you make 2 maps... :)

Magnus

« Reply #26 on: 10 Aug 2003, 22:08:11 »
And ScouseJedi, could you send me those walls??? :o

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #27 on: 10 Aug 2003, 22:44:52 »
I'll take those walls too, Scouse.

I'll take that suggestion and create fenced fields, walls, etc. It's a generic with a city to represent Arnhem and has the bridge as well.

The site is up, but is being sorted out again. We got a new host and will be running fully very soon.

I have no specific release date for my map.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #28 on: 11 Aug 2003, 00:54:43 »
Looking down the driveway.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #29 on: 11 Aug 2003, 00:56:02 »
The road through Holland.