Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: wtf just happened?  (Read 738 times)

iwillbetheone

wtf just happened?
« on: 30 Jul 2003, 14:26:33 »
now, i have a pretty lousy pc.  i have to turn down all the graphics to reduce lag.  usually, once i load up  ofp about 5 minutes into using it, it crashes to desktop.  Then i load it up again and it runs fine, not crashing or anything.  This morning it happened again.  So i just went to run ofp again and i got this warning message:

Cannot memory-map file 'RES\addons\O.pbo'

and the game wont run.  whats happened? i looked in the res addons and there is a file called o.pbo. should i delete it? plz help! :help:

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:wtf just happened?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2003, 14:28:33 »
you have too many addons in your addons folder.... this then means that the memory OFP uses to load and run, is being used on all the addons to load them... too many addons, too much memory used hence it cannot load the game... just remove some of the addons from you folder - i'm sure there are a fair few in there you havnt touched in years.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Gooner861

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2003, 14:30:37 »
Yeah that happened to me once its really annoying. Some1 said to me that its cos u ave 2 many addons. I moved that o.pbo and the game worked but the island of nogova wouldnt load properly so dont get rid of it. For some reason after a few frantic attempts it just suddenly loaded. Just wait a while thats wot i did.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2003, 14:41:25 »
DON'T remove the o.pbo whatever you do...

thats a resistance specific file and should always remain with the game - remove an unofficial addon you do not need.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion