Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Patriot launcher  (Read 1534 times)

BBE_GRUNT

Patriot launcher
« on: 24 Jul 2003, 00:35:53 »
Hi, I just wanted to inform you that with all these high tech, supersonic jets that come out recently, we are working on the appropriate answer to them from the ground. the Patriot launcher:

http://users.pandora.be/tactics/patriot6.jpg

any suggestions are welcome.

In case you don't know us (most likely), we're a mod team originaly from SWAT3, trying out if we can continue our strive for realism in the OFP community.

Rubble_Maker

Re:Patriot launcher
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2003, 11:32:53 »
Looks very nice. Make sure you give it a realistic scanrange (ir/laser/radar scanrange) in the config.cpp, and a high sensitivity value. this thing should be able to detect targets from a great range (dunno the exact range of the real thing, but 50 kilometers would be minimum I think).

BBE_GRUNT

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2003, 12:06:00 »
Dont worry.. we've got the real specs ;)
as I said.. our strive has always been to get addons/mods as real as possible.

gundam007

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2003, 07:10:23 »
maybe some1 can make a script that gives it a chance of destroying missiles (is it possible even)

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2003, 23:05:02 »
do you use the PAC2 or the PAC3 partiot??

I mean the PAC2 has a range of 70-160km, while the PAC3 can only go 15km (which is much better for OPF gameplay. This way you won't be shot out of the air by a launcher on the other side of the island)

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2003, 01:16:58 »
170 km is impossible in OFP, unless you use very clever scripting tricks (as invented by COC for their Unified Artillery). OFP missiles are limited to a lifetime of 20 seconds. If the missile is to fly 170km in only 20 seconds, it'd need to have a speed of approx. 6 km per second, which is ridiculous.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2003, 12:13:32 »
ah well I didn't know THAT, but still you could go further than 15km. That's why I would like the see the PAC3. It's better for OFP gameplay and you don't have to make it unrealistic this way.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2003, 15:37:14 »
looks nice... be a nice objective as well  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion