Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problems with textures...  (Read 1108 times)

Waterman

Problems with textures...
« on: 22 Jul 2003, 19:10:51 »
Im making an island for a mod, and because of it's shape I need to make some new runway textures at a 45 degree angle.

I open an existing texture (size 256x256) and edit it to put the runway on it.  Save it as a .jpg image, open it in TexView and then save it as a .paa.

I pbo the textures and then add them in WRPedit, and all seems fine until I put it into game.  They are all white... ???

What am I doing wrong?

Waterman. :help:

Waterman

Re:Problems with textures...
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2003, 12:58:01 »
Anyone? I know your out there... :P

BoonieRat

« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2003, 12:02:19 »
Did you add the new textures to the OFP data/data3d folders?, or include it in your island folder when you compressed it?...

I'd like to know how you got this working as I'm interested in retexturing roads and stuff myself :) ...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2003, 17:21:19 »
Actually.......what you could do is pack all your textures in their own PBO and place it in Addons.

Then in WrpEdit reference this pbo as the source of your textures.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

sanam

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2003, 05:32:43 »
Got more or less the same with O2: As long as I use the original In-game PAA's and PAC's (that I've decompress myself) AND if they come from Z:/Data as Bulldozer is, allright... But any "personnal" texture put in the project folder (future PBO prior to compression), after TextView & checked workin' in TextView won't appear In-game.

By sometime they won't even appear in Buldozer...

Soooo....                                                

??? - What's the right way to define the texture's path in O2 ?
??? - Why is Buldozer showing custom textures from the internet and not from my camera ? (yes, 24bits jpeg transferred trough Textview)

thanks... If you got an answer.

:'(
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2003, 05:41:08 by PeacePunk »

DeLiltMon

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2003, 11:17:23 »
Are they the correct size? OPF only uses textures in multiples of two (2, 4, 8, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc) i.e. 512x256  so you'd have to resize them before they can be displayed.

sanam

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2003, 12:46:44 »
I wasn't precise enough in my question...

OH YES, THE "2x2" thing... Is not my problem. I've got that checked, well, double-check as if you do the TXT job, it MUST be from a correct-sized source file... and therefore If I can see it in TXTView, ...

??? - Why can't I see it in O2 ? Or if O2 OK, then Buldozer not showing ? And Last but not you see what I mean, Allright but In-Game ? White textures instead of your hours-taking work ?

Thanks DeLiltMon

:'(

Not finished yet.

??? - What's the right way to define the texture's path in O2 ?

« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2003, 12:51:39 by PeacePunk »

DeLiltMon

« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2003, 13:29:12 »
I've never had a problem with O2 displaying textures, if they work in TexView then they work in O2, maybe there's something in your O2 settings that needs changing  :-\

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 03 Oct 2003, 12:58:29 »
I have problem with o2 and game displaying my textures. They are 512x512 and viewable in tex-view...

DeLiltMon

« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2003, 13:44:30 »
Are they showing up white in Bulldozer?
I recently had this problem and found that it was due to the length of the filename of the texture, try shortening the name and re-apply it.