Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realisitic Explosion Deaths  (Read 1017 times)

max_killer_payne

Realisitic Explosion Deaths
« on: 02 Jul 2003, 19:40:20 »
one ting that really bugs me on OFP is the crappy death animation for an explosion. I think u'd have to rework the entire engine to do this, but would it b possible to create a new death animation for explosions, like one where they go flying back flailing there arms and legs, but not too far off like on OFP where u can go from on town to another getting hit directly by a tank shell!!!

swift88

Re:Realisitic Explosion Deaths
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2003, 21:08:27 »
lol you get hit by a tank shell, you see yourself fly about 100m and fall back onto the fall all limbs attached

max_killer_payne

« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2003, 21:40:45 »
init  ;D  its so stupid

bigdog632

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2003, 01:13:50 »
i hope the explosions all around the board are reworked in the sequal
i wanna see different things explode in different ways depending on what they are

p00_p00

« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul 2003, 10:45:17 »
Id like to see someone actually attempt to reprogram the engine to enable ragdoll physics!!!!

I know shit all about programming (i cant even use the map maker in OPF well) but damn I recon itd be hard - near impossible

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 04 Jul 2003, 09:42:23 »
id like to se dismemberment i mean the puter version is rated M so why not use the freedom if comes with

max_killer_payne

« Reply #6 on: 04 Jul 2003, 22:55:19 »
Yeah! Like JK2! That would be pretty damn sweet, but I guess then you'd have to implement better medics,etc then we'd be straight down a different scope of realism.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #7 on: 05 Jul 2003, 02:29:16 »
I'd like to see more realistic wounding and more variety with death anims, but not dismemberment, as that attracts the kind of people who spend ages stood over bodies in Soldier of Fortune with a shotgun, blowing heads apart and cutting legs off with knives. Besides, all those flying limbs need to be rendered, and would make a big hefty battle slow right down.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #8 on: 05 Jul 2003, 10:23:51 »
Yeah, u'd need a super computer to have all those limbs flying around!! But maybe we shud change this topic to Realistic Combat more wounded, less dead. After all, say in a heated firefight you would of course lose men, but I doubt in the numbers of men potrayed in OFP. I also dont think the men would be such good shots.

Sarge6754

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jul 2003, 06:47:30 »
I am going to try and make you an explosion death as my first project. I have a small amount of knowledge with the OFP Anim tool. I could make something where a guy flys back with his limbs pointing ahead and outwards. Some help would be nice.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jul 2003, 09:04:26 »
I'd gladly help, If I wasn't such a failure at the Anim tool