Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Plane/Chopper Smoke Shell Shooter  (Read 882 times)

Lt.Shitkilla

Plane/Chopper Smoke Shell Shooter
« on: 11 Jul 2003, 15:34:26 »
I would like to know how to make a weapon for an Aircraft that can drop a long lasting smoke shell, for recon, Target marking capabilities. Could any one help me with this? Thnx In Advance.

Lt. Shitkilla...

Rubble_Maker

Re:Plane/Chopper Smoke Shell Shooter
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 19:32:54 »
I doubt it can be done without scripting, coz the smoke shells are special hardcoded weapons I think. But you might want to look at BAS's Kiowa; they have made a very nice smoke rocket script.

Lt.Shitkilla

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2003, 13:54:40 »
I don't care if it requires a script, it's just i cannot write them, lol. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with this, I'd love to have the ability for a lightweight recon plane to drop a smokeshell above the target are, then for a heavy B-52 to bomb the crap out of that area.

Lt. Shitkilla

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2003, 18:19:47 »
Could you explain a bit what kind of smoke weapon you want? A rocket, a cannon, a shell a bomb?

As far as the target marking: This could be made via a script that moves the B-52 towards the smoke site, or maybe by adding a laser target object (invisible to the player, but AI will shoot at it like crazy)

Lt.Shitkilla

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2003, 10:18:52 »
Ok wat i want is a weapon for an aircraft, plane chopper, etc, that drops a smoke shell on to a target (much like a bomb but without the explosion) that spawns a long living cloud of smoke, like the officer's smoke shells (throwable) but live longer and the smoke goes furthur into the sky to maybe illuminate the target area for an aerial bombardment. If you have played Janes USAF ( created 1999 i think) there is an iraq mission where a plane flys over and drops a smoke shell on top of the target so that the F15's can easily pick out the target and destroy it.  The weapon is just a Smoke Shell Launcher, the throwable ones would do.

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2003, 19:30:41 »
Well I suggest you script this stuff then. Add a "Fired" eventhandler to the plane that grabs the bomb after being dropped, and track it all the way down to the impact (give it very little or not hit so it doesnt really explode). Then generate the smoke at this spot.