Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Barrel Recoil  (Read 1111 times)

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
Barrel Recoil
« on: 11 Apr 2003, 20:34:11 »
Is there a simple and straight forward way for making a tank:vehicle gun barrel 'recoil' independent of the chassis? I was thinking about options like several vehicles that have 'animated parts', and I was wondering if it were possible to build a little script that executes on the moment of firing that 'moves' the barrel assembly back on its (x?) axis, then creeps it back out.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
shinRaiden - RAT

Cpt. FrostBite

Re:Barrel Recoil
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2003, 16:23:53 »
I know shit about modelling and stuff like that, but I do know that DKM mod worked on a "recoiling barrel" on their russian field gun. I think it worked. Contact them and see what they've found out.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2003, 17:54:12 »
it did work, horrible addon tho - textures were poor
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Vyper

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2003, 21:43:30 »
The PAK36 from WW2EC has recoil......but these are all stationary....dunno bout tanks, moving recoil would be harder i suspect

Vyper

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2003, 00:36:24 »
Thanks, I'm looking into it. I'm about halfway there on this part of the long gun patches.

DKM's m46 works very nicely, I highly recommend.

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jul 2003, 05:03:53 »
Egads. Sorry, there was some RL issues for a while there.

It appears that the barrel recoil may be possible using a rotation animation based on a given memory point or two in the geometry LOD, I think. But not being an O2 uber-meister, I'm not quite sure where to go from there.

If some one has some ideas on how this rotation could be setup, ie relative position of how many points, what axis, rotational axe's, degree of rotation, etc, it would be a huge boost to the community.

Thanks much.