Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Turret function  (Read 910 times)

Cerebrosus

Turret function
« on: 28 Jun 2003, 18:10:24 »
Hey!

I got a something for ya masterminds out there :-)

When the drivers hatch is open, the turret shouldnÂ't be able to move. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also I would like a action in the gunners action menu that limit the possebility to turn the turret outside the chassi (used when driving in a forest)

When iÂ'm on the subject, is it possible to make the gun take damage when hitting a tree or so? irl the gun does fall of if you hit a tree over 10 cm thick in full speed...

Over and out!

DeLiltMon

Re:Turret function
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2003, 10:30:31 »
I thought it did take damage if you hit stuff like buildings and the forest sections that can't be knocked over  :-\

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2003, 11:44:24 »
Not tanks. They just bang off with a big crash. Could you make the driver so when he turns in.... he just stays still? Or, in an already compled addon mission making context try setbehaviour "careless" and dotarget.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2003, 16:36:53 »
I think you'd only damage the main gun on a modern tank it you really rattled it into a big old tree or a wall or something... I know for a fact that a good tactic for ambushing enemy armour with your own tanks in built up areas is to to drive them into the houses, then lining the main gun up with a ground floor window, but keeping it just out of sight from 90 degree angles (ie. trundling down the road you're waiting on), and shooting them up at point blank in the side, before crashing out and engaging them at close range while they're reeling. So the guns are somewhat resilient. The thing people forget about tanks is how huge they are. The main guns on modern tanks are really heavy too, so you'd probably do more damage to the trees  ;)