Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Oxygen release in a few weeks!!!!  (Read 3298 times)

FW200

Oxygen release in a few weeks!!!!
« on: 20 Aug 2002, 20:39:00 »
Look at this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d637fe136e8ffff;act=ST;f=4;t=17816

(SRY mods if i posted this at the wrong part of the forum)

//EDIT good link added
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2002, 15:01:02 by FW200 »

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Re:Oxygen release in a few weeks!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2002, 23:58:15 »
I cant seem to connect, it keeps saying page not found, in fact I have not been able to access flashpoint1985 for well over a month now.

Anyone know why this might be?
CBF Shipbuilding

Pope_Zog

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 10:31:56 »
The thread was apparently moved here.

Pope Zog

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:10:18 »
Hopefully BIS do release O2 to the public, but just a word of warning to people hoping it will solve everything....It won't. It's not a magical program that makes addon making simple, in fact the complete reverse. It's a complicated process, with little documentation and a huge learning curve.

For aspiring addon makers, don't expect to pump out quality new addons quickly. If you thought p3dediting was complicated then be prepared for something many times harder.

SelectThis

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 13:27:35 »
I agree with SelectThis. I believe that most of us who are using O2 are still learning, I know I am. But I would like to confrim that O2 will be released shortly as I had to reapply for new codes, and received the codes plus a note from Nada saying that the model editor would be released soon. I have been creating a tutorial to assist people in building aircraft. I'm not sure how the license agreement will affect this after O2 is released. But if I am able I will continue with it and see what Bis have to say about releasing it.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 13:30:43 »
Let's just pray that we don't get completely swamped in "How do I use O2" threads over at flashpoint1985.
Or in the 3D Modelling board here for that matter.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline KKB

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:52:37 »
KTottE: We will get this posts. You know it  ;D

Anyway, I may have asked stupid questions about it myself  ::) so I better don't judge.

I think it's good that they release it. The majority will give up after 2 days of trying, and those who have the stamina to learn it will produce (hopefully) some fine addons which is a good thing.

I've seen the new 'rules' vor O2 made addons which will be enforced by OFPEC. Most of the stuff released by ModMakers so far doesn't even get near these rules.

What I don't like are the "We loose our Status/Privilege/whatever" kind of posts. I think there is no modmaker who would argue against a O2 release if BIS would have denied him O2.

We haven't seen so many edited p3d files after obj2p3d came out, and given that this was a piece of cake compared to making an addon from scratch in O2 I really don't see the "big wave of crappy addons" that some ppl predict.

Time will tell I guess  :)

cheers KKB, who is looking forward to great addons made by so far unknown but extremely talented peeps  :D

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2002, 10:34:21 »
I have a feeling that when it's released we'll be swamped by half-ass done addons, where quantity gets put above quality.

I'll have to start reading all the reviews then I guess.

Jimmy_james

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2002, 19:10:05 »
atleast they'd give it a go. you never know there may be some excelent one's so zippy :P

;) :D

FW200

« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2002, 19:34:44 »
Ive got bad news it isnt coming out in a few weeks but is definatly coming out

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2002, 21:04:03 »
That sounds familiar, not again.......
CBF Shipbuilding

FW200

« Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2002, 22:07:59 »
unofficially a bis employee (?) said against a modeller from the ofp scene that it will be released but not as soon as we say (so within 2 weeks or so ,NO)