Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Importing .ABC & .DTX files to .p3d  (Read 931 times)

Shaggy

Importing .ABC & .DTX files to .p3d
« on: 21 Jun 2003, 22:44:23 »
I have a really important question that will more or less tell me that "my MOD will be a failure"...or..."Your MOD will be Successful". ARgghhh Stressss :'(

I dont know how to convert .abc files and .dtx files into .p3d

I am trying to extract a model [.abc] and a model skin [.dtx]from AVP2 so i can use the "Predator" model in OFP. Is there a converter out there that anyone has made, it would be great if BiStudios has made an offical converter. I am sure there is one out there but I read a thread about converting it into an object file then building it back up again...it seems confusing and hard to understand. I dont need to edit the model in anyway all i need to do is import the model file into Oxygen then apply the correct skins to the model.

I am sure there is a way. I tried Maya 4.5PLE..importing, and save as. They dont work because O2 doesnt recognise the file. Any suggestions?

I really need help here..if any time i needed help..this is the important time of all!  :-\ please...help
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2003, 22:48:07 by Shaggy »

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:Importing .ABC & .DTX files to .p3d
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2003, 12:21:35 »
You can't save as a p3d in any program except O2.
What you can do however is saving it as a .3DS file and import that into O2.
I don't know if Maya can open .abc and .dtx files, they seem like proprietary formats, but I think Milkshape 3D can open AvP and AvP2 models, and I know for a fact that it can save to .3DS format.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Shaggy

Re:Importing .ABC & .DTX files to .p3d
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2003, 16:18:19 »
Right man, cheers. I'll take your word for it. :D

Time to start downloading (on my poor 56k  :-[ lol), i have lots of work to do...cheers.

Shaggy