Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how is the new island editor?  (Read 890 times)

gothicv

how is the new island editor?
« on: 21 Jun 2003, 00:59:03 »
Is visitor any easier than wrpedit? I haven't tried either but think i may get into it due to the fact that my neighborhood would be a good "island" to be had. Ravines, beaches, not many houses etc. I have a local map and everything. As a child I used to run around here with toy guns. Just seems like the right thing to do.

Jones-21VB

Re:how is the new island editor?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2003, 09:56:02 »
Hey

Well, IÂ've been testing Visitor for 2 days now, and using WRPRdit for ehhm, since they released it, and I think of Visitor as folows...

First of all, its a great tool, Its a lot faster to use than WRPEdit, You can create small islands in a matter of minutes now (if you know what buttons/functions are for what) and compared to WRPEdit this wouldt take more than a week.
You have the long awaited Copy/Paste function, and the tool automaticaly generates roads/forrest etc. You place items just by right cliking the mouse. Allso you get to use Buldozer a 3D viewer, once inside buldozer you can rearrange all of your objects or turn them arround, and like this nothing is placed wrong since you placed them in 3D view. But one of the most briliant parts of this tool is, that once working on an island, you can give all items/objects/roads/forrest etc. your own names, this meens no more translating/guessing words. For examble one typr of road is by the creators called "Sil" what the h*** is sil? so I just named it  "Astfalt with lines", cause thats what it is :)
On the other hand we all need to get startet. So BIS have released a great tutorial, that shouldt cover the basics and get you startet with your very own first island, I spend 10 minutes with the tutorial and after that i felt at home in Visitor.

Thats my words on Visitor.

Jones Out!
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2003, 09:56:40 by Jones-21VB »

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2003, 11:57:39 »
Wow, I love Visitor, I didn't even finish the tutorail and now it's a lot easier than WRPEdit. The only thing i don't know is how to edit heights, because I've only done that simple map of the tutorail.
But I think you can finish your map very fast because of the easy roadediting. Just make an end and you can click to a point were the road will go.

Shaggy

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2003, 22:59:13 »
I downloaded it and eh... 2 thirds of it is in a different language and the other third is in english (my language). Does anyone know why???

Gummi

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2003, 03:30:10 »
well, i think BIS is very busy doing other things *ofp2* and dont have time for "crap" like this... atleast we have visitor  :D

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2003, 10:42:08 »
It's a chechz (how do you spell) editor