Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MH-60K rotor problems  (Read 796 times)

KaceILM

MH-60K rotor problems
« on: 20 Jun 2003, 06:44:12 »
I'm working on a new model of the Sikorsky MH-60, and all has gone well until now. The whole of the model is finished but i've been having a problem with the rotor shaft and head in itself. When in game, the rotors and the blur effect appear, yet the shaft does not appear at all. I've checked and double checked the naming of the parts and everything else that it could be linked to, and still i've come up with nothing. The rotor shaft and head are linked to three names (Velka vrtule statika, Velka vrtule blur and Velka vrtule). I didn't think that having the same part of a mesh linked to different names could conflict, but am i wrong? Any imput would be really appreciated. I'd like to get this solved and ready for a beta test immediately.

Cheers,
Kace

KaceILM

Re:MH-60K rotor problems
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2003, 07:06:26 »
Problem solved!

Thanks!

Homefry31464

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:20:21 »
Can you post a pic?

Please..

KaceILM

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2003, 22:33:58 »
Sorry for the delay in response. I've been busy lately, which has been keeping me from the boards. Yes, i'd be glad to post a picture very soon. But i must warn you that it's not finished. The textures are just temporary, and i'm also implimenting some new features. Such as a new cockpit with interactive displays (with night vision capability). Active undercaridge suspension. Functioning door gunners position with the M134. And new sounds with a warm up that was taken from an actual UH60. Those are what i have in the works now. But i also have some things that i really wish to impliment soon too. But i'm not very good with scripting, so i'm getting a friend to take a look at it. An example would be when the aircraft takes a certain amount of substantial damage, it would start to spin. As a real one would if power was lost from the tail rotor. When this happens, you will have an option to "Deactivate RTU's". Which stands for Rotor Torque Units. When deactivated, the aircraft would stop spinning, and you would have just enough power to preform a crash landing. This would simulate what pilots call, "Autorotation" which is a manuver preformed when power is lost from the engines. This is only in theory, but i would REALLY like to see it implimented. It would add a certain amount of chaos since the option to autorotate is only avalible from the point when the specified amount of damage is reached until you make contact with the ground. So you'd have to be fast! Anyway... I'll get some pictures for you to take a look at. Thanks for your interest.