Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Visitor released  (Read 2182 times)

NoRSu

Visitor released
« on: 18 Jun 2003, 16:15:43 »

Offline BiGGiBs

• Members
  • Workin hard,on Coffee 'n' Bensons.
Re:Visitor released
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2003, 17:20:24 »
Yep...
Spotted that at opflash.cz,supperb news! ;D....d/l'ing now!
They also have a Visitor 2 tut to d/l.

I'm still looking forward to PMC teams warptool though!
The team must have put alot of hard work & hours into warptool already.
Hope they don't drop the idea of releasing it now!

lol..It'd be nice to have both!
Grins...any chance of an early release of warptool Snakeman?

p.s  You will also need to d/l Buldozer if you haven't got it already!
You can d/l that from the above link too!

« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2003, 17:28:03 by BiGGiBs »

Shadowman

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2003, 18:22:22 »
Sweet... :afro:
Now I can finally start doing something. Just out of curiosity; has anyone heard anything about this eralier or was this really a big surprise?

Anyway start building ;D

:afro: Shadowman  :afro:

Hit_Sqd_Maximus

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2003, 21:17:23 »
Any news on importing islands from .wrp and getting the objects and textures to load?

xero

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2003, 21:25:07 »
My current project was going nicely until now, I dunno whether to re-start in Visitor or carry on in wrpedit, or both  :-\ . Ah well, I hope somebody figgures out how to get the wrp into visitor or makes a tool to convert to required format.

Haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but roads and fences look easier, and a copy and paste!!  ;D

Iwesshome

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2003, 21:47:41 »
SWEEEEET  ;D

Offline gunterlund

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2003, 07:21:54 »
I hope when someone figures out how to use visitor they will share the wealth. So far I have unpboed the data files but visitor doesnt seem to pick up .paa type files. I also unpboed cain and abel as well with no luck. Look forward to the training. I also notice that I couldnt import wrp files. Any help on this?
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2003, 07:22:17 by gunterlund »

RED

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2003, 09:13:10 »
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=00e7c0e9d446003aa987d495c1c64d19;act=SF;f=39

Quite a few questions have been answered here (including how to get a WRP file into visitor)

RED

pertti49

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2003, 11:33:35 »
i did get the visitor working,did open the example map, have added basic textures and filled the surface with texture but when ill open wiewer cant see nothing but water and in top of the screen is obj(0)???buldozer is added correctly, and can i add the place where the camera open like set it in some place? its seems to open it always in same cordinates?ps:wrp editors own camera system is way more better than crappy buldozer and easyer to move ;D
greetings:pertti49

Offline BiGGiBs

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jun 2003, 15:28:44 »
Perti

Do you mean you can't work out how to set camera positions
starting point for viewing your island in buldozer?
If so then try double clicking anywere on the main top down view,that should
set your camera/start postion when you run dozer!
Had the same problem here for 5 mins yesterday! ;D

Waterman

« Reply #10 on: 19 Jun 2003, 17:28:54 »
I think I'll stick to the good old WRPedit. Least you dont needs to download heaps of stuff on top of the actuall programme.

You need to download or read all those tuts, then learn czechy language, then download bulldozer... and so on.... ::) :-\

Just my opinion...
Waterman. :)

xero

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jun 2003, 18:10:24 »
Waterman I now understand how you felt about the new wrptool being released soon.

Waterman

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jun 2003, 18:38:55 »
huh?...

I dont have anything against WRPtool if thats what your saying... it's in english, it's fast and looks easier to use than Visitor does...

Now if thats not a compilment I dont know what it... ;) :P

Maybe Visitor is ok, but I prefer keeping free dowloaded programmes to a minimum... I've had many problems with my computer and OFP. Believe me! :-\  It does look good I admit, but think it could have been done in english if it didn't take a huge amount of time.  I do think BIS are very kind in releasing this to us.

This is just my opinion like I siad. No hard feelings... 8)

Offline BiGGiBs

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jun 2003, 20:08:19 »
Xero

Kegety's site has  the tool your looking for m8!...tga2ase v1.0
http://koti.mbnet.fi/stede/flashpoint/index.php?p=others

Also you can import your wrp isalnds into Visitor!
Run visitor then goto Project new to start new island,then project connect to buldozer,don't close buldozer..go back to visitor & project import world & browse to your wrp file...once you have selected your warp you'll probably get a small window popup saying error in buldozer..click ok.
the goto project connect to buldozer again to disconnect...then reconnect to buldozer & then project import world & it should import your wrp ok!

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2003, 20:09:05 by BiGGiBs »

xero

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jun 2003, 21:58:07 »
Waterman:
I didn't mean to say you had anything against wrptool, in fact I agree it looks great, I just meant I see where you were coming from when you said that it's a bit frustrating now people will be placing roads and fences with ease, and that copy and paste feature after I've spent a few months now doing it all manually!

It seems from official forums some people have had problems importing, I haven't tried yet, the weather is too nice here in London right now (for a change) for that stuff.  :P Hopefully I'll be able to pick up my current project in Visitor soon.

BiGGiBs:
Thanks for the info and linky!  :-*

Waterman

« Reply #15 on: 20 Jun 2003, 18:15:59 »
Ok ok... got the wrong end of the stick there, as they say. :P

I might come round to using it later, but not at the moment.  Many people that I've talked to that I know, have simular thoughts as me.... I guess I was just a little disappointed... :P