Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: importing *.max files into O2  (Read 1191 times)

gadolinite

importing *.max files into O2
« on: 15 Jun 2003, 06:26:26 »
how do you import 3d studio max files into oxygen?

How do you scale them down into a desireable size for Flashpoint once they are on O2?

How do you do custom bustable glass shapes; no not shattering glass, but a custom shape that flashpoint's perspective of bustable glass.

swift88

Re:importing *.max files into O2
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2003, 22:51:08 »
ive been told that windows and glass are just transparent textures ???
 did u get my I.M ealier? about importing into O2. ive got a screen dump on behalf of the scale for ure model. u can either use the scale adjuster for either 2d or 3d models (seperate subfolders)
[img removed]screen_ddumo.jpg[/img]
 BTW, if the model has gaps or is transparent etc , copy and paste the model part and press W (sometimes  the polygon only has one side, so its best to make two shapes, because polygons in o2 only have one side when u create a polygon 8)
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2003, 22:52:29 by swift88 »

gadolinite

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2003, 03:42:50 »
How do you import .p3d files into 3d max?

I need to edit the CH-47 in 3d studio max

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2003, 08:22:21 »
well... not sure if you can so to speak...

as far as I know, the best you can do is turn that .p3d into a bunch of .obj files using the program P3D2OBJ that can be found here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?browsewhat=3&start=25

I've always made my own models.. so I've never really used it.. but I have seen some addons...  soldiers If I'm not mistaken that included the .obj files in the .pbo so I opened it up one day to check out the .obj files and near as I can tell it cuts the model into pieces that you can edit then use OBJ2P3D to recompile it into a single model.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2003, 08:24:47 by Kaliyuga »

gadolinite

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2003, 18:40:39 »
this p3d to object utility does not sound good.  

I wanted to edit the ch-47 in 3d studio max because the original textures (3d max is better about textures, and everything of course) are very detailed and I need to know how to change the entire chopper to metal textures (with a practical way, of course).  How do you do this in oxygen without having to change the color of the detailed textures?  I have one of the detailed textures of the chopper and the metal texture I intend to use to replace these detailed textures (see attached jaypeg for metal texture).  The pac file is in another reply because 50k is the limit.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2003, 18:53:38 by gadolinite »

gadolinite

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2003, 18:48:12 »
Here is the zip file which contains the pac file. You will need the pac file viewer utility to view this file.  It is at this hyperlink:

http://http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?browsewhat=3&category=3_3