Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Asked before, Single shot magazine issues.  (Read 1311 times)

Baphomet

Asked before, Single shot magazine issues.
« on: 04 Sep 2002, 22:31:04 »
     I posted a query regarding this quite some time ago. I forgot who to contact about it. Someone making a mod apparently did what I tried to do successfully. That is. Create single shot magazines which weren't quite so limited by the number of inventory slots provided.

From experience I've noticed this is usually 10 if each shot takes up one magazine and all slots are used.

Lucknow

Re:Asked before, Single shot magazine issues.
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2002, 14:59:27 »
Don't know if this continues to work with Resistance 1.75 but under 1.46 or below if you alter the 'magazinetype' from the default '256' (ie clip takes up 1 slot) to a fraction such as...

magazinetype=0.1*256

then you have a single shot rifle.

However there are some bugs such as you can carry as much ammo as you want (100, 1000s of rounds), they don't show up in the GEAR section, and unless you fill up the soldiers slots with other clips or grenades he'll continually report he's out of ammo (which he isn't).

OFP as it stands now just isn't designed for single shot weapons like this unfortunately.

Baphomet

Re:Asked before, Single shot magazine issues.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2002, 00:05:18 »
 *nods* Yeah I sort of figured that out. However I thought I'd give it a go. Heh. Thanks m8.