Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Timed RPG?  (Read 1284 times)

calm_terror

Timed RPG?
« on: 16 Jun 2003, 22:32:54 »
Is it possible to make a time denoted RPG?
so they can airburst?
yes this has been done in real combat

jamie_psx

Re:Timed RPG?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2003, 00:14:26 »
Two problems:

(1) The RPGs (and most other explosives) in OFP are of the non-shrapnel variety, the airbursts you're talking about kill infantry thanks to the flechettes/shrapnel they rain down on their targets, and not because of the actual explosive shockwave.

(2) In OFP M203 grenades, handgrenades, bombs, missiles, etc all explode only after coming in contact with some object (other than air).
So if you want an RPG round to airburst you'd have to script some object/game logic to appear in the path of the grenade so that it'll blow.

However, I know that snYpir's "SP/MP Support Pack" (I think) does simulate an airburst with actual shrapnel.
So you might want to ... ahem! "hunt him down" and ... err...  "extract" his secrets from him.  ;D
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2003, 00:20:22 by jamie_psx »

bigdog632

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2003, 02:05:26 »
well if ya get very very far away from your target it will eventually explode but i doubt the effect would be satisfactory to ya

calm_terror

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2003, 10:22:39 »
what i wanted was to use RGP's to take down helo's liek in BHD. so you do not have to hit the target just get close and it will damage the helo enuff to force it down.

Vyper

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2003, 12:51:52 »
Heres an idea....Got a wonderful pack from Kegetys ages ago includes some classic russian weapons such as RPG-7's....RPK's and what not....well somebody fixed this and made the RPG-7's have a huge arc so you had to fire it upwards to get it on target...this made them awesome, but why not simply change the distance it take from when it fires to when its travelled so far without target?  Say 50 meters and then it explodes.....this would be extremely realistic as your basically just shortening the "Virtual fuse" as aposed to a real one....just like life!

Vyper

P.S. I'm no scripted so i dunno if its possible, get back to us guru's

Mr_Shady

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2003, 13:28:41 »
I used to have that addon for Kegety's RPG7, the one that made the projectile behave like a rocket-propelled grenade, it was great. Just a shame that I deleted it by accident and can't find it anymore :(