Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Road tool, the new version (link fixed)  (Read 5514 times)

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
Re:Road tool, the new version (link fixed)
« Reply #30 on: 13 Apr 2003, 22:26:25 »
Suggestion for new version.

In the pull down menu we have asfalt, cesta and silnice. Would it be possible to browse here for another addon. I want to make a different type of road but still use the tool.

(512 x 512 mask as well)

Its a fantastic piece of work though.

:)
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #31 on: 13 Apr 2003, 22:29:26 »
You could always use the replace function in WrpEdit to replace the roads with another model of road.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #32 on: 14 Apr 2003, 23:05:06 »
I don't think I have ever professed to knowing what I was doing. :)

Thanks Planck - I'll use the same method to place my custom trees into the map.

'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Leone

« Reply #33 on: 15 Apr 2003, 06:58:19 »
Yep....just use the replace function....in fact use it no matter what, even if placing soomething that is in the list. Seems to work better that way  ;D

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #34 on: 15 Apr 2003, 22:31:18 »
The difficulty is making a valid model to replace. I looked at Winter Everon and The binarized model is there with different textures. aha thinks me, load up TexEdit and swap the models textures to mine. Save it in a pbo and bang, invalid.

for ref, if I have a model in matt1.pbo like asflatka6.p3d, when replacing to I type

\matt1\asfaltka6.p3d
   \matt1\asfaltka6
  matt1\asfaltka6.p3d
 matt1\asfaltka6

I couldn't get any to work. Model not found or model invalid. Now I did hear a rumour that TexEdit would not work with WinXP and I had a lot more 'overflows' and strangeness than I remember from times past with 98.

I just want to see how it works without going to the trouble of making a road from scratch, scraping out a config file and binarizing.

Sorry for Off Topic rant.

Albus Dumbledore

CupidMoon

« Reply #35 on: 21 Apr 2003, 11:01:01 »
ps: Cupid if you're reading this...have you considered adding an open p3d file window to select model to place?

currently, NO.... exactly, impossible ^^
I can't read model names in p3d file. If I could get the names, It can be possible.

But, For Now, I holded coding tools, for my job.
it takes at least 2months....

I'll be back, when I finish my project~~~

zippy

« Reply #36 on: 21 Apr 2003, 16:35:12 »
thanx for keepin' us filled in...will keep checkin' in!

zip

Leone

« Reply #37 on: 21 Apr 2003, 18:48:22 »
The difficulty is making a valid model to replace. I looked at Winter Everon and The binarized model is there with different textures. aha thinks me, load up TexEdit and swap the models textures to mine. Save it in a pbo and bang, invalid.

for ref, if I have a model in matt1.pbo like asflatka6.p3d, when replacing to I type

\matt1\asfaltka6.p3d
   \matt1\asfaltka6
  matt1\asfaltka6.p3d
 matt1\asfaltka6

I couldn't get any to work. Model not found or model invalid. Now I did hear a rumour that TexEdit would not work with WinXP and I had a lot more 'overflows' and strangeness than I remember from times past with 98.

I just want to see how it works without going to the trouble of making a road from scratch, scraping out a config file and binarizing.

Ok....I also have had error messages pop up in WRPEdit for certain user-made addons. And there is no getting rid of those errors...BUT! Some will still work in-game. You'll just have to try a few and see (perhaps work out a pattern.....I suspect it's an MDOL/ODOL (?) thing.

happymonday

« Reply #38 on: 04 May 2003, 22:04:21 »
Hi

I have just started out creating my first island, after a few days messing around i have created a good base and want to start putting details on - ie roads objects etc.. i have heard that this is the tool to use, but maybe i am being a bit  thick but i havent got a clue how it works, i have had a go but its just not happening.

Is there a tutorial (a very basic one)? if not can somebody please give me a step by step?

I had no readme in the downloaded file if i should have done.

Thanks

captain caffeine

« Reply #39 on: 05 May 2003, 03:26:00 »
 Just check this article start from page one and keep reading lotsa good info there.

happymonday

« Reply #40 on: 05 May 2003, 19:35:54 »
Thanks I have managed to figure it out. Mostly.

Is there any special way to ensure roads join correctly? Sometimes when joinind roads i get a prompt asking what side of the road it joins from ie left or right  (and the road has a junction in wrpedit)  and sometimes not. Will roads which i cannot get to join have to be manually matched up?

Lobanak

« Reply #41 on: 29 May 2003, 21:11:57 »
Is there more work going on at the tool?

The road tool is bad (ok, good, but bad anyway). When I draw my roads and let generate the road, it always goes another way then painted. So it's not possible to put road at exactly that place which is needed and prepared for the road. I don't wanna put road and then modify the height of the terrain to fit the road.

Also the resolution could be higher, say 512x512 or 1024x1024

Hope the guy who has done this put in more work.

All tools which came out are done to the point where it is working in a simple way, but then no more work done on them (ok some have more work). Look at wrpedit. Done till it works and then let the people alone with it. And all wanna see a better version with some minimal features in that make live easier.

Greets

Lobanak

P.S.: If the guy has no more time to code more, give the code away to another coder, so that he can do some work on it.

Nitrox

« Reply #42 on: 01 Jun 2003, 11:18:33 »
Well a new version of wrpedit would be great with a copy n pastew function and the ability to attach the forrests to ground and a smart roadlaying function... but hey Im glad they did the programs at all in the first place :)

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #43 on: 04 Jun 2003, 23:39:21 »
Will you make it possible to add res forest and res roads with this tool, and if so, when?

Garcia